Over the past few days I have been working on the ‘Masks’ fabric project, in particular I have been making masks in paper and leather, using the British Wildlife
designs. I used the Silhouette Cameo drag-knife cutter to cut the paper designs, after first tracing them (again) in Illustrator. And tomorrow I will be printing a set of the mask designs onto ceramic transfer film.
These will then be put on tiles, some onto mugs, and fired.
I have started making T-Shirts using the same basic design and set of six colours.
The last two weeks have been quite hectic, work on an artists’ book, sewing, laser cutting (plywood and leather) and far too much time in front of a computer. And this blog is in need of some serious attention.
I still have a few problems with plywood trawler , it needs re-working to make the pieces stay in place after laser cutting.