I started making a book using the crown binding described in, ‘Making Handmade Books’, (A.Golden, Lark, 2010) and having made a test piece without too much difficulty – accuracy of folds is important – I have managed to add a ‘pocket’ to some pages, which is interesting. I have a poem which might work well with this book, but for the moment I am going to try the mask images I have been using on fabric, t-shirts and ceramic, recently.
I had a pack of leathers (A4 size, mixed colours) arrive in the post and I might try to incorporate some of these into the books.
If this works out I will make an edition ready for BABE book fair at the Arnolfini, Bristol, on April 1st.
Plywood trawler, finally making progress…(read more)